- GetUp! Climate Change rallies.
- High Court Challenge to Federal Funding for the National School Chaplaincy Program (Mark II) – slated to be heard in the High Court of Australia around April 2014.
- Sunshine Coast Atheists attended the Brisbane 10:23 campaign against homeopathy.
- Sunshine Coast Atheists joined the campaign against the anti-vaccination group, the inappropriately named Australian Vaccination Network.
- Sunshine Coast Atheists marched in a peaceful protest for abortion rights following the arrest of a young woman and her partner for obtaining the drug RU486.
- Sunshine Coast Atheists repeatedly asked Premier Anna Bligh why her government allows religion to intrude into Queensland’s ‘supposedly’ secular public education system. For more information see: http://backintheact.com/
- Sunshine Coast Atheists attended the 2010 Global Atheist Convention.
- Sunshine Coast Atheists attended The Amazing Meeting in Sydney – an international skeptics meeting hosted by the Australian Skeptics and the James Randi Education Foundation.
- Sunshine Coast Atheists attended the ‘Get Secular Back in the Act’ Rally organised by the Humanist Society of Queensland at Parliament House, Queensland.
- Sunshine Coast Atheists Vicki and Danny featured in the ABC Compass program – Challenging the Chaplains.
- The Australian Book of Atheism, edited by Sunshine Coast Atheist, Warren Bonett, was published by Scribe and sold in book stores nationally.
- The government set up the National Human Rights Consultations. Some concern was expressed over whether a Human Rights Consultation being chaired by Father Frank Brennan could offer an unbiased outcome.
- Freedom of Religion and Belief in the 21st Century A Submission to the Human Rights & Equal Opportunity Commission on behalf of the Australian Members of Atheist Nexus – An Online Community for Nontheists – Submissions such as this from Rev. Chris Connors, On behalf of the Church & Nation Committee of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church of Australia needed to be balanced.
- There hasn’t really been a resolution to this issue. Recent Crikey Story.